Christian Mayer's Weblog
Usage and handling of this weblog
This page describes how to use this blog. Especially for myself, me and I but for you as well. If you want to navigate deeper and understand how to read this blog you should read this page first.
This manifest should act as a red line for me to follow to keep the long-term goal in mind. Rules to follow when I write new blog posts.
- Quality over quantity. Because of this, delete old posts which are not accurate anymore or bad quality.
- Write only useful, unique posts. Meaning, no tutorials or How-to’s about software which has a good documentation anyway. Although there are still How-to posts online.
- Write more posts about own projects.
- No posts with less than 300 words. Meaning, do not just comment on others people’s content. Posts should be more like essays.
- Write long intros for the index page.
Commented) Posts in which I discuss a specific topic. Some titles of posts begin with
Re:to explicitly mark as quote-posts. Such posts reference to some external posts which I’m not the original author of. I don’t want to claim foreign content but want to share the information when I’m thinking it can be helpful.
Conference: Posts about conferences, meetings, meetups, talks and talk notes.
Productivity: Posts (like in
Project) which really contribute (I hope so) to the community.
Programming: Programming related posts.
Project: Posts about my projects.
RealLife: Posts about real life.
Security: Security related posts. Most of them are computer security related.
The most tags are tags like any other tags: words which describes the respective post.
The most quoted text in posts are indented.
This is a quoted text.
Handcrafted links to other posts. Sorted by newest first.