ViennaPHP July Gathering Notes
Organized by Sebastian Göttschkes (@Sgoettschkes) and Stefan Hupe featured by Stockwerk Co-Working Space.
Let’s talk databases. They are the foundation of many websites and apps and store the precious data we need to make our service valuable. Without data, your app is only a frame without a picture. This meetup is focused on databases and the data ecosystem. We have great talks on this topics, all in relation to PHP development and the PHP ecosystem.
Next, August Gathering: 2014-08-05 18:30, a special meetup outdoor.
Developing Database Driven Webapplications with phpYouDo
by Manuel Hiptmair
- phpYouDo created by Manuel Hiptmair.
- Yet another tool for creating relational database webapplications
- Less maintenance
- Separation of PHP and SQL
- Server relievement
- Source: https://github.com/codeless/phpYouDo
- Demo: http://www.codeless.at/phpyoudo/
- Slideshow: http://www.codeless.at/phpyoudo/doc_intro/
- Codeless Website
MongoDB with PHP
by Daniel Laxar
- A Table is called Collection.
- Deep level of nesting.
- A PHP ToDo application using Doctrine/ODM with MongoDB
- Slideshow: https://speakerdeck.com/dlaxar/mongodb-with-php
Indexes: The neglected database performance all-rounder
by Markus Winand
- The problem is not the tool itself comic strip.
- ~50% of SQL performance problems are caused by improper index use.
- Indexing is an afterwork done by admins.
- Indexing had to be done by developers. It’s a developers business.
- Slideshow: http://use-the-index-luke.com/blog/2013-07/indexes-the-neglected-performance-all-rounder