Let’s talk databases. They are the foundation of many websites and apps and store the precious data we need to make our service valuable. Without data, your app is only a frame without a picture. This meetup is focused on databases and the data ecosystem. We have great talks on this topics, all in relation to PHP development and the PHP ecosystem.
Next, August Gathering: 2014-08-05 18:30, a special meetup outdoor.
Developing Database Driven Webapplications with phpYouDo
- phpYouDo created by Manuel Hiptmair.
- Yet another tool for creating relational database webapplications
- Less maintenance
- Separation of PHP and SQL
- Server relievement
- Source: https://github.com/codeless/phpYouDo
- Demo: http://www.codeless.at/phpyoudo/
- Slideshow: http://www.codeless.at/phpyoudo/doc_intro/
- Codeless Website
MongoDB with PHP
by Daniel Laxar
- A Table is called Collection.
- Deep level of nesting.
- A PHP ToDo application using Doctrine/ODM with MongoDB
- Slideshow: https://speakerdeck.com/dlaxar/mongodb-with-php
Indexes: The neglected database performance all-rounder
- The problem is not the tool itself comic strip.
- ~50% of SQL performance problems are caused by improper index use.
- Indexing is an afterwork done by admins.
- Indexing had to be done by developers. It’s a developers business.
- Slideshow: http://use-the-index-luke.com/blog/2013-07/indexes-the-neglected-performance-all-rounder